miércoles, 20 de junio de 2012

Poetry. Thank you.






"Words dissemble
Words be quick
Words resemble walking sticks
Plant them
They will grow
Watch them waver so
I'll always be
a word-man
Better than a birdman
But I'll charge
Won't get away
w/out lodging a dollar"

'An American Prayer'  by James Douglas Morrison .

There are many poets I guess, drinking and falling in love with cold women, rambling constantly about how other poets are not that good but sell more books dancing with drunken strangers in dark and lonely dive bars clinging to the idea that their pain will never heal.

I see poets everywhere. They will never know that they are poets, but still they are. 

I really don't enjoy poetry that much until I was 15 and I ran into 'An American Prayer' a book filled with the most strange combination of love, pain, lonesomeness, snakes, drugs and not giving a flying fuck, a book so captive of it's own brilliance that only Jim Morrison could give us. The Lizard King. The Only Lizard King. 

When I was in my early 20's (shit, it scares my to say that) I read this about a mean intoxicated drunk named Henry Charles Bukowski :


"...The gods have been very good to me, they’ve kept me alive and even, still kicking, taking notes, observing, feeling the goodness of good people, feeling the miracle run up my arm like a crazy mouse. Such a life, given to me at the age of 48, even though tomorrow does not know is the sweetest of the sweet dreams.

And the I fell in love with Poetry. Their poetry. 

Amazing all the places it took me, and moved me to start writing myself and most of all, it really did a job on my in figuring people out.

And my 3rd and final poet that turn my brain into the maraca that it is today is a canadian man named Al Purdy. I got a hold of "Poems for all the Annettes" and I just melted reading this. I never experience this kind of pain by reading. 

"For me, the vast marvel is to be alive. For man, or for flowers or beast or bird, the supreme triumph is to be most vividly and perfectly alive."

Non of them where great men. They just saw all this shit more clear.

Bless them.

Thank you so much. You guys are my giants. 

No hay comentarios.: