viernes, 22 de junio de 2012

"Try a little tenderness" de Otis Redding

There is only one thing I want in a singer, to believe him, to truly believe his words.
I believe Otis Reading. Every single word he sang.
Otis had a short career but an intense one.
His songs have stuck with me since I came across this song for the first time many years ago, around the time I met Miles Davis, Teddy Pendergrass and Count Bassie.

He sings from his ankles, from his toes. The undeniable force in his singing moves me every time I listen to him, it has the power to change my mood like no other singer.

We lost Otis on December 9 1967 on a plane crash just 4 miles away from his destination in Wisconsin. Just 4 days before he had recorded "Sittin' on a dock on the bay". A damn shame.

His influence was obvious in years to come.

Thank you Otis. Keep those ankles strong.


1 comentario:

Joanne dijo...

He sings from his ankles, he does. And when he sings I feel it from my ankles up to my soul, I just want to dance and sing to his rhythm. He does, indeed have the undeniable force to change my mood as well, always for better.